Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From Rags to Roses…….

Good morning everyone!  As you are reading this I am at work.  Yep…..seems like I just can’t stay home if I want to buy all that fun crafty stuff!!!!!! LOL!

On one of my days off I made drapes for the dinning room.  While cleaning up the scraps I had a thought…….could I make rolled roses with the scraps?????   So I tried and I did!!

Here is my card-

DSCF1070-kimr

For my flowers, I ripped the white cotton in about one inch strips.  I punched a 1 1/2 inch circle.  I used tacky glue on the circle and started from the center twisting the cotton strip as I went.  When I got to the end I simply tucked under the roll.  I finished it off with a pearl in the center! I wrapped  a piece of my cotton around the card and then mounted the flowers on top with glue dots.
Well thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Blimey! This is ingenious!!! Love it xxx

Holly Young said...

I don't know what I'm more impressed with, the fact that you made these fantastic roses on a whim or the fact that you made your own drapes! Such a lovely and elegant card kim!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your roses are GORGEOUS Kim!!

Anonymous said...

Oh i love the siimplicity of it, its stunning!